American organic cosmetic producers are becoming more and more well-liked in today's market, which includes anything from food to beauty items. In recent years, many men and women have chosen to use organic cosmetics since they are both a sensible choice for skin health and an environmentally beneficial alternative.
Organic cosmetics must always be accompanied by a valid certification that attests to their safety because they are made with vegetable raw ingredients from organic farming. If you wish to purchase private label beauty products, we advise that they be appropriate for face, body, and beauty care.
What is the difference between organic cosmetics and natural products?
Certified natural cosmetics are made from raw materials, work with natural processes and are not tested on animals. These cosmetics must not contain:
- Synthetic dyes derived from petroleum
Organic cosmetics are goods with materials of vegetable origin that are grown biologically without the use of synthetic fertilizers or genetically modified organisms (GMOs). A cosmetic must have at least 95% organic ingredients to be considered organic, and it cannot contain any substances derived from petroleum, paraffin, formaldehyde, or synthetic colours. Organic cosmetics are manufactured with recyclable and biodegradable materials, and this is true of both their content and their packaging.
By selecting an organic, private label cosmetic product, you may protect your skin against early aging brought on by chemicals, which are the main ingredient in all other cosmetic products on the market that are not organic. Because they make you appear attractive and maintain the health of your skin at the same time, organic cosmetics are both safe and effective.
How do I recognize an organic cosmetic?
Organic skincare manufacturers formulate their products with vegetable raw materials, coming from organic farming, which also means that they must always be accompanied by a valid certification that verifies their safety.
1. Ecocert Greenlife
- Min. 95% of the ingredients are natural or derived from natural sources
- Min. 95% of plant ingredients are produced by organic farming
- At least 10% of entire product contents (including water) must be produced by organic farming.
Same as Ecocert Organic.
- Natural source raw materials or those produced by permitted ecological processes
- Some requirement for listed plant materials to be organic
- Only certain synthetic preservatives are permitted.
4. Soil Association
- Min. 95% organic ingredients by weight (of the agricultural ingredients) and only permitted non-organic ingredients, processing aids and water
- Water is excluded from the organic calculation
- Products that contain 70-95% organic ingredients can be labelled with the phrase “product containing X% organic ingredients.
- Plant/animal materials used must be organic
- Prohibited list of ingredients/chemical reactions.
- Min. 20% organic content (except rinse off/powders 10%)
- 95% of physically processed agro ingredients must be certified organic
- Only permitted chemically processed agro ingredients (CPAI).
- Specific levels of required natural and “derived natural” substances quoted by product type in tables provided in the standard
- Most products – min 20% of natural and max. 15% of derived natural substances
- Min. 95% of the natural substances of plant and animal origin must be organic.
Always check the label: if the product has the certification of these bodies, you can be assured of their origin. Start taking care of your skin, using organic cosmetics.